June, 2023. Prices are each way and are updated frequently.
Below are the latest Delta Baggage fees:
Delta BAGGAGE FEES
Checked Baggage Fees (Baggage size must not exceed 62 inches (158 cm) when you total LENGTH + WIDTH + HEIGHT)
|For your first standard checked bag under 50 lbs. (23 kg), each way|
+1 Free Carry-On Bag and 1 Personal Item
|For your second standard checked bag under 50 lbs. (23 kg), each way||$40.00|
|1 Carry-On Bag + 1 Personal Item||$0.00|
Delta Airlines is one of the most famous airlines in the world. It’s one of the oldest airlines, since it started its flight operations way back in 1929. Delta is also one of the largest airlines in the world, whether in terms of fleet size, passenger-kilometers flown, or the number of scheduled passengers carried. It operates more than 5,400 flights each day, serving 352 destinations spread across 52 countries and 6 continents.
Top Reasons to Choose Delta
Delta isn’t just one of the oldest and largest airlines in the world, however. It’s also widely considered as among the very best airlines in the world. This assessment is based on several important factors, including airline service, check-in, booking, seat comfort, and entertainment features.
Here are some of the more common reasons why so many like to fly Delta:
- There seems to be a Delta flight to and from various major cities.
- The mobile app is very convenient to use when you’re booking a flight.
- The service is excellent, and it boasts of the fewest canceled flights.
- With assigned seats (except in Basic Economy), you can make sure you’re seating with the rest of your family and friends.
- The in-flight entertainment is also good, including the free onboard Wi-Fi. With the screens in front of you, you have the chance to watch movies and binge on your favorite TV shows.
- You really get a lot of perks when you fly First Class. You can choose your seat ahead of time, and you’ll board and depart the plane first. The seats are wider and offer more legroom. You even have a dedicated overhead bin storage space for your carry-on luggage.
- Plus, in First Class you get a nice amenity kit with a blanket and a pillow, headphones, a fresh meal, and even complimentary beer and wine.
Baggage Fees, Policies, and Tips
There’s really no single set of fees and policies regarding your baggage when you fly Delta. Several factors will affect the fees you pay, such as where you’re flying from, your destination, how many bags you’re checking, and even whether you’re flying economy or not.
- You can bring 1 piece of carry-on luggage, along with 1 personal item. However, this personal item can also be a briefcase or a purse, or a similar-sized item.
- Your carry-on bag dimensions cannot total more than 45 linear inches. That means when you add the length, width, and height in inches, the result cannot exceed 45.
- The length maximum is 22 inches, width is 14 inches, and height is 9 inches max. Keep in mind that these measurements take the wheels and handles into account, but not to small musical instruments that can still fit inside either the overhead luggage bins or the space under the seat.
- There’s no weight limit to the carry-on bags.
- For checked baggage (as opposed to the carry-on luggage), the fees come in.
- If you’re flying from one US location to another, the basic fee is $30 for the 1st checked bag and $40 for the 2nd bag. Each checked bag must not exceed 50 pounds.
- In some cases, the 1st checked bag might be free, and there are also some instances when both 1st and 2nd checked bags are free.
- There are fees as well if your luggage involves a 3rd up to a 10th bag.
- If you’re getting a seat in First Class, Delta Premium Select, or Delta One, you can check 1 bag up to 70 pounds for free. As a ticket holder for these special seats, you may enjoy other baggage advantages such as expedited baggage handling and security, and concierge access bag delivery.
It’s best that you try your best not to exceed the various limits specified. That will mean additional fees, such as for exceeding the number of bags, or the weight or size limits. You may even want to talk to a Delta agent beforehand to sort things out.
To help reduce the fees, you may want to wear or carry your bulkiest items. Delta doesn’t really specify anything about the size of your carry-on bags, remember. So, you may want to use a backpack instead of a measly laptop bag, and include other items aside from your laptop computer.